Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Completion

  • The last 2-3 weeks are so crazy; I am honestly feeling frazzled and my brain feels fried. We posted a job ad on Craigslist and have gotten many responses. We are currently still interviewing. Stood up (no shows) six out of the 10 interviews so far. Yep. So, lining up friends to help for each day, babysitters in the evenings, and interviewees. Late bedtimes. No office time. Meal planning for 12 weeks. Daily work... And, things keep breaking around here -- which means more work and phone calls.
  • Two weekends ago we took food over to some friends who just had a baby boy, Beto, and visited. Then, drove to visit my aunt and uncle for a day -- go to church with them, lunch, pool, play, dinner, dance... :)
  • This past weekend involved babysitting our neighbors' kids for an evening. The next day was a doozy. We dropped the kids off with some family friends from church for the whole day, over 12 hours! Then, Ricky and I moved the rest of our stuff in our storage unit here to share one with a friend in another town. This took no carseats and two trips for us with a packed van -- a long, hard, hot day! Thankful for 5 p.m. coffee boosts. But, it is finished! We are out and saving money ;) Then, we all crashed on the Sabbath -- naps for us all and pizza/movie night.
  • Aolani's antics: lost her first tooth (a year earlier than I expected); finished pre-K and had a little graduation party with us to celebrate (we are currently taking a two-week break while I prepare the Kindergarten curriculum to begin next week); overheard her telling Micaiah, "Now, I'm a human and your a dog"; wet her bed for the first time since becoming potty-trained years ago (!!); says that God spoke to her on the slide two weeks ago about forgiving her and telling the whole wide world that He is the only Father; and, then asked us a few days later (7/20) to pray with her to receive Jesus and give her life to Him!!!
  • During this two-week break, I gave them oodles of surprises that I kept for stored away for this time from the parents (us) and both grandparents. It's been nice :) Next week, I'll begin Preschool with Micaiah and Kindergarten with Aolani... I am a little nervous about time (and, of course, my competency and ability as a teacher... I guess that applies to motherhood too) and training new help, but I am so thankful for Sonlight, our curriculum.

Showing her pre-K completion certificate



  • Last week's school verse: Mark 16:15 Go into all the world and preach the good news to everyone.
  • This week's school verse: Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: the LORD our God, the LORD is one.
  • Verse to memorize last and this week: Psalm 40:17 But as for me, I am poor and needy; may the Lord think of me. You are my help and my deliverer; you are my God, do not delay.