- Last weekend: All Saints' Day (costumes, pumpkin-carving, movie/pizza, November activity -- more later) and our church's Fall Festival with food, bonfire, and games (Ricky finally got to break out his flag football set). This week has been mostly normal, except Ricky had a meeting in another city yesterday.
- We had our Family Movie Night yesterday because we have a Hungarian friend flying in tonight to visit with us for two weeks! I've been planning fun activities for him (and us), and it's almost go-time :) My mom left this morning to go home for three weeks.
- Micaiah's mishaps: upon seeing Daddy's wet hair, said He be crazy!; daily and randomly and sweetly and often proclaims I love you to all of us, including Aolani :); and, announced that our friend from Hungary was coming and he will be hungry! :)
- Aolani's antics: I have so neglected writing stuff down the past few months! She has grown so much lately. She knows her letters, writes them (but not words), and loves to practice reading with me (we use Teach Your Child to Read in 100 ). She has matured a lot since we began school -- obeying and helping me :) It brings me great joy! [She still deliberately disobeys, but it is a little less frequent and she stops once we catch her instead of running or retaliating or continuing.]
Micaiah the firefighter and Aolani the Renaissance princess
her Sleeping Beauty pose
Removing the guts
The snowman monster from Frozen
Our "tiger-cat" pumpkin
- School verse: 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~ Let all things be done decently and in order. [orderliness]
- Verse to memorize this week: 2 Timothy 3:16-7 ~ All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.