Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Treasured Celebrations

  • Busyness has come... with gladness in tow. This past week has contained a date night at the movies (Thor), a court reporting dinner that Ricky went to (after working in other towns two days last week), a podiatrist visit (the doctor temporarily numbed my peroneal nerve in hopes of releasing the spasm, but it did indeed return after a day or so), Micaiah's second birthday (pictures below), a farewell party for some friends, Christmas gift-giving with my parents (while my mom was here, my dad was on Skype with us; he is unable to travel due to back trouble).
  • This week contains a lot of preparation and packing (we leave for Cincinnati at the end of the week), my mom left today to help my dad who has back surgery tomorrow, and dinner with friends tomorrow.
  • Our kitchen has seen an extra abundance of cooking this month! [Ricky has just discovered making pies from scratch and loves it! He is in the kitchen now preparing two crusts ;)]

Little Drummer Boy
Mary, Mary
Joseph finally relinquished the donkey so his pregnant wife Mary can ride!

Just finished baking Micaiah's birthday cake with Grandma
Washing her dishes

with my mom
Gingerbread cake
A book and a toy are our normal birthday gifts, but Skyping with Papa and playing with balloons were definitely the highlight for Micaiah ;)
Now, it's the Christmas gift-giving celebration with my parents. They got each child a book, a toy, and a puzzle.

It's a wooden piano




  • As this will be my last mosaic until next year, I'm going to work on memorizing Colossians 3:14-15 And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.