Friday, April 12, 2013

Springing into Action

  • Our vacation at my parents' home was nice. We had to combat a stomach virus and head cold while there, which changed our visitation plans but oh well. [Our kids just love seeing their cousins!] I have quite a lot on my plate right now which is why this is Friday. The fence posts go up tomorrow, and we just started taxes last night... There is just too much to catch up on.
  • Aolani's antics: puts her brother in her crib a lot [they were both in there the other day, I got distracted unpacking and turned around to discover them both standing in her crib butt-naked]; suddenly likes to cuddle with me [jumped in bed with one morning, cuddled up, started rubbing my back, and whispered I love you -- crazy sweet!!]; showed some girlfriends of hers how to pee in the grass outside; peed all over herself and the floor this morning because I was using the toilet when she had to go pee (the benefit of having one john); prefaces every story she wants to share with One time...; and is growing leaps and bounds right now, surprising me every single day with her thoughts, words, and abilities!
  • Micaiah's mishaps: threw a book, a toy, and a towel in the toilet (we do try to leave the bathroom door shut); cries and clings to the wheelchair if Aolani is on my lap while we read or sing or play something together; is almost running; likes to generously give everyone high-five; is going through the throw-everything-in-the-trashcan phase [after he took his pants off to toss them in too, we decided to elevate the trashcan and just put a box under it so it's out of his reach]; whipped out a step stool for Micaiah to use to climb up onto the couch (and now I can just pull him onto my lap from there -- no more lifting and hoisting!); is becoming quite the copycat [after reading and singing songs out of a book with Aolani, Micaiah grabbed the book once we were done with it and sat on the floor while he flipped through the book and sang Da-da-da-da-da]; is so emotionally sensitive [just this morning while he screamed, Ricky firmly told him No screaming and Micaiah whimpered, teared up, smacked his own hand, and started shaking his head no!]; loves to rough-house and play with Daddy; is such a boy with his cars and balls; can whine and fuss and whimper and cry with the best of them; likes to do Ring Around the Roses with Aolani and me; prostrates himself on the floor to throw his little tantrums; and is so cute, sweet, cuddly, and affectionate [frequently comes over to me to climb up onto my footstool to lie his head on my lap and receive some lovin' :)]
Resurrection Day
They are both wearing outfits that belonged to my brother and me! [I know I'm prejudiced, but oh man are they not edible!]
Go Fish
Go(ing) Fish(ing)

                         "I'm just texting."
The girls liked to take turns putting each other down for naps in Aolani's sleeping bag.
In the fortress (Mommy designed/directed, Daddy built) :)
Always showin' love (a great babysitter in the making)
Blowing bubbles

  • Verses to memorize for the month of April (I already quote two of theses verses; I'm just filling in the gaps to complete the passage.): Hebrews 4:12-6 ~ For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable. So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe. This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.