Monday, November 12, 2012

Exploding from Cuteness

  • Thursday was our special (Holy Spirit) day we like to remember, and Ricky took me out to lunch in another town. We celebrated with cheesecake :) Friday, we had a dear family over for a meal and games and brownies! Saturday, we drove to another nearby town to visit a friend of mine who had just opened her own nutrition club -- she treated me to free protein shakes and a massage (she's a licensed therapist)! 
  • Aolani's antics: counts houses when riding in the car, shushes us when the baby is asleep and she is the only one talking, tucked Ricky into "bed" on the floor and proceeded to repeatedly tell him not to pee-pee on the floor but to pee-pee in the potty... Kinda sad (but relieving) news: I gave in and allow her to wear pull-ups again for her naps. There are reasons, but her peeing in her crib every day got old and just didn't fit with our family's situation. Oh well.
  • Micaiah's mishaps: is always got that pointer out and waving around, (usually) obeys me when I say NO (mind-boggling to me after Miss A), helps me get Aolani up after her nap, stands on his knees, very clingy, giggles when Aolani runs, bounces when Aolani rides her donkey and when he is happy (see video below), has started gazing into my eyes and calling me Mama -- melt my heart!... tried to put him in the nursery at church for the second time. He did okay last week, but I had to go back and hold him the entire time this past service.
  • Aolani and Micaiah are so different in personality already! He is shy, sensitive, a homebody, more obedient, introverted, just wants to be around his family, follows me around, wants to be on my lap, clings to the wheelchair, and definitely less adventurous. She was and is the opposite of all the things I just listed.
  • The age of distractibility is over for Micaiah (in regards to nursing) -- phew! It only lasted 2-3 months... Now, he is quite the determined nurser!
  • Verse to memorize this week: Galatians 6:14 May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.