Friday, April 22, 2011

Living after the but

All week I have caught myself going back to part of the sermon I heard last weekend at my church. It was about Life, after the but.

That phrase is about how we live inversely. We say, "I am a new creation in Christ, but I still such and such." Because we let what comes after the but define us, we need to switch our thought process and words. "I still such and such, but I am a new creation in Christ."

What God says of us and about us, once we are in Christ, is reality, the heavenly truth. Therefore, we need to be living His Words. So, put His statements after the but in your conversations, since we tend to live there. Let Him tell us who we are!

I keep catching myself doing this very thing all week! I put all my failings after the but and dwell there on my weaknesses and shortcomings.

Inverse with me!