Tuesday, April 19, 2011

All in the Mouth

  • My roommate from college (and maid-of-honor) flew from TX to visit for a few days, and I kept her B-U-S-Y! What a treat to have her company and help :)

  • Aolani said her "first" word (besides da-da, buh-bye, uh-oh, dis, dat, what): watch (as in my wristwatch)! She points to it and says watch repeatedly. The next day, she started saying water -- whether it is running from a faucet, the bath, my bottle, or her sippy cup. She will even try to sign drink while saying water. Also, she does the more sign with one hand while pointing to something specific with the other hand as if to say, I want more of that!

  • Aolani is constantly singing, which sounds like a sweet, soft humming. Awww!

  • In the afternoons, she will run a fever and act really pitiful. I think that it isn't a sickness but that she is simply teething. However, it is during these time periods that she has begun to frown and poke her lip out. So sad and cute ;)

  • Verse to memorize this week: Romans 15:13 ~ May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.