Monday, March 9, 2020

January 2020

  • Other activities besides the normal during the month of January: We let the kids have two sleepovers and several play dates; went on a coffee and game date; my mom joined us for half the month to help me start packing; Ricky had countless meetings; visited many friends to say our final goodbyes; had two appointments with doctors and found out that this baby is a boy(!); our home church had a commissioning service sending us out as missionaries (see video); had my 20th spiritual birthday; closed on our first house; gave away our tv screen to a family; got to share at a church; enjoyed a final small group (party for us!); drove to our new home to pray over it; and, held a gratitude party to honor, thank and say goodbye to everyone who has helped us do life in Morganton through stories, food and gifts (mini bags of coffee) :)
  • For Lent, Ricky is rising at 6:30 every morning and I am trying to guard my speech so as to not speak death but life over myself.
  • School verses for the new school year: Aolani and Micaiah -- James 1:5
  • Verses I memorized: I am working on memorizing Psalm 103 for this baby.