Saturday, June 17, 2017

Recording a Spiritual Timeline

For one of my courses in college, I was asked to create a spiritual timeline -- just jotting down notes of ways you see God at work in your life. It's usually chronologically recorded and things noticed in hindsight. Mine consists of both big events and insights.

Anyway, it was one of the best things I've ever done! I usually try to update my timeline every year. This way when I'm asked to speak or share or whatever, I can pull it up, browse through it, and jog my memory of God's faithfulness to me in my life so far (I have a terrible long-term memory).

I did things a little different when I spoke last month. I read through my timeline on my own, selected and named 21 stories, gave the group the titles, and let them pick which stories sounded interesting to hear. It was fun!

I cannot recommend recording your personal spiritual timeline enough! It's so rewarding to remember and see God's handiwork in your life. Every time I read over mine, praise and awe and tears combust :)