- Three weeks ago: We got to have daily visits from local friends, attend friends' son birthday party at a park, swim at a friend's house, and go on our monthly prayer walk. Our prayer walks consist of just our family. We rotate turns of picking a street in our city (Micaiah picked this time), and then we just knock on doors, introduce ourselves, and pray for/with them. I usually last about an hour. Simple as that.
- Two weeks ago: We had some friends over for dinner one night (and laughed out loud a lot) and our small group over for fellowship. Ricky also had to go to our storage unit and ,transfer our stuff to a smaller unit.
- Last week: We got to meet a new couple and have them over for dinner (the lady is in a wheelchair too), and we had a dear friend come visit for a few days. We did art, played games, taught school, cooked, and went out to the Hot Springs :) Her trip happened to align with her escape from the hurricane! Also, some Marshall Islanders friends went with us to church : )
- Micaiah's mishaps: is daily practicing letter recognition (I want perfection before I attempt teaching this boy to read!); the kids were helping me transfer one day and when I safely made it in my wheelchair, he excitedly shouted, "BEST DAY EVER!!" (it was too cute); his favorite snake is the vipon (viper+python); and, kept calling the hurricane a volcano ;)
- Aolani's antics: is really good at math, enjoys handwriting, and Bible-reading is her favorite part of her school; and, thought that ibexes was the real name and ibex is just the nickname ;)
Seashell cupholders (they each made one)
When you walk in our front door, this is the new set-up you see
The kids went swimming in our friends' little pool, and Mommy forgot to pack dry clothes ;)
Aolani braided her own hair for the first time :)
- School verses: Micaiah -- James 5:8, 1 Corinthians 14:40, Proverbs 10:4 ; Aolani -- Jeremiah 29:11, and 2 other verses she already knows
- Verses to memorize lately: 2 Corinthians 5:6-9