Thursday, November 12, 2015

Creating with Mind, Hands, Words

  • Apart from our normal weekly activities, we had dinner for different sets of neighbors two different nights, Ricky took the kids to a high school football game, and our church had their annual fall festival gathering :)
  • Micaiah's mishaps: is really into issuing threats to us all the time, "If you do that, I'm gonna..."; and, told us, "I closed my eyes and bowed my head when we prayed. I was 'specful!" ;)  
  • Aolani's antics: wrote her first non-rhyming poem about the color pink; lost her second tooth; had been calling Friday, Friesday (started to correct herself); loves to read; and...
  • Aolani pointed to a splotch mark on a bookmark and said that she thinks it was made by Mommy's drool because when Mommy laughs or talks she drools. 
  • Aolani said that when she reads it makes her mind more great. 
  • Aolani put her teddy, Sarah, in her doctor's bag purse. I told her that she might suffocate Sarah, and  Aolani comforted me by affirming that there were holes for her to breathe. "I have to do this because she is too small for a stroller, my church doesn't allow babies, and my husband doesn't take really good care of my baby. So, I have to carry her in my purse and not tell anyone."|
Building an underwater sea world with Bristle Blocks

Reading two books written by friends that go/went to Asbury University (our alma mater)
  • School verse: John 3: 7 M -- Marvel not that I said unto thee, ye must be born again.
  • Verse to memorize this week: Psalm  95:4-5 In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him. The sea is his, for he made it, and his hands formed the dry land.