Thursday, July 10, 2014

(Un)Stuck

  • Last week was the first grandparent week where my parents took Aolani and Ricky's parents were suppose to have Micaiah (this way the grandparents get to spend focused time with each grandchild once a year).
  • Unfortunately, Micaiah's body-cast threw a wrench in the plans, and he stayed home with Mommy and Daddy. So, we just rolled with the punches and tried to make his time here fun and somewhat special. Daddy made him an apple pie and ice cream (he continually requests apple pie but doesn't even like cooked apples!); some friends joined us for dinner one evening; my friend and her dog (Micaiah loves Button) came over to help us all week (as my mom was gone); we built a fort and played with special toys and watched soccer; and, we went to our town's fireworks show on Independence Day and to dinner at our friends' home (we wanted to take Micaiah out to do at least one thing special while he is in the cast).
  • Now, Aolani, of course, was off living it up and loving it! Large amounts of time playing with her cousins, beach, park, church, aquarium, children's museum, pool, birthday party... Although, I think she started missing us towards the end of her trip (and she supposedly talked about me a lot). She said two funny things when we Facetimed. One: When she was telling me about swimming with her cousins at (what they have dubbed) the "rooster pool", she referred to it as the "chicken beach" :) Two: When I asked her about the hurricane, she replied, "That little candy cane?!" ;)

  • My updated health improvement chart :) 
  • Oh, and the body-cast comes off tomorrow, God-willing!


  • Verse passage I'm memorizing: Revelation 21:1-7 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,” for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children.