Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hats Off to Placentas

  • At four weeks postpartum, I had my doctor's checkup appointment. All is well. "You are completely over this pregnancy."
  • Aolani's one nap has now been reduced to one hour (if that long) -- this is sad for us!
  • While I was pregnant, I came across placenta encapsulation, which boasts of amazing postpartum benefits. After having a difficult baby blues experience with Aolani, I knew I needed to do something different this time to speed up healing as Ricky did not have FMLA time off. All I know is that I have had a remarkable recovery period, comparatively. I will definitely be doing this again and recommend it!
  • I did not get last week's verse down pat, so I'm giving myself another week to memorize it ;) 2 Corinthians 6:9 ~[We are treated] as unknown and ignored [by the world], and [yet we are] well-known and recognized [by God and His people]; as dying, and yet here we are alive; as chastened by suffering and [yet] not killed;