- We returned home over the weekend and have hit the ground running! We are trying to run all our errands this week before heading to the mountains next week to find a place to live. We will not return home until we get a place but, hopefully, that will only take one week.
Aolani's last time in her pool
- A few times Aolani said the words blocks and doggie. She also got taller while we were gone because we returned to find her opening our doors! She is a runt (small in size for her age), but she is steadily growing ;)
Aolani with her cousin, Kylie, sitting in their chairs.
- Car toys: The most popular suggestion for her age (17-18 mos) was a travel DVD player, which we didn't want to use because we want her to learn to entertain herself versus having to be entertained. So, here were the other ideas that didn't really work with Aolani: ball, musical instrument toys (like a little tambourine), stickers (we didn't take because she is eating sticky things like labels), paint chips (we brought but never used them), and a small magnetic board with magnets (did not try as she'd definitely eat the magnets). The toys that were a big hit for our girl: magnadoodle (the one with an attached pen), small 12-page photo book (I filled this with pictures of herself and family she recognizes), a book, her teddy bear, and some magazines (to look at and rip apart). I do not let her have these toys except for long car trips, so that she does not become bored with them. But, by far, the best entertainment for the journey...
- Car snacks: While we brought a ton of snacks, I would recommend the ones that they can feed themselves! Such as bread slices, boxes of raisins, small grapes, bananas, dried papaya spears, larger not-too-hard cracker/biscuit treats, fig bars, etc. And, of course, her water :)
Helping Daddy unload the groceries
- Verse to memorize this week: Revelation 22:17 ~ The Spirit and the bride say, “Come.” Let anyone who hears this say, “Come.” Let anyone who is thirsty come. Let anyone who desires drink freely from the water of life.