Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Daddy, Aowadi, and...

  • 7 months tomorrow - wow! Still no OB doctor, but we're actively working on finding one. I've heard it all: too far along, too long since my last prenatal appointment, go to my own county, no high-risk patients... We are searching in three counties -- there is hope ;)
  • Aolani's antics: laughs when she passes gas, pats her rear during diaper changes and pokes mine randomly, attempts jumping jacks (mimicking Ricky), says nanni but we're still trying to figure out the meaning, calls Ricky Daddy and herself Aowadi and myself either Daddy or Aowadi (I don't get a name yet!), scratched a wall up with her hairbrush and comb...
  • In the mornings while I read my Bible, Aolani will pull up and sit in her chair and flip through her Bible -- too cute!
  • What we ended up doing about her opening the cabinets with the childproof locks: we installed a different-brand childproof latch beside the other one so there are two, which has worked thus far! [And I can still get in it - phew!]
  • Most frequent feeling for me: Am I the only one whose child acts mild-mannered in public and disobeys behind closed doors?! I have a notion that my time has just begun ;) [Example: she throws toys in my path, and I cannot get by without moving the item. I ask (or tell, depending) her to pick up the toy and move it for Mommy. She stares straight at me, full-well knowing what I am saying, with a "No" expression and walks away from me. Yet, if there are toys in front of the snack cabinet and I roll in that general proximity, she runs past me to throw the toys and clear the path so that I can get to it without hindrance. What a little human, huh?]
  • We went to our town's farmers' market over the weekend, and Aolani won us four freebies! People just can't help but give to such a cutie-pie :)

Zipping and unzipping the hamper lid while crawling in and out

Loves to prance around in my shoes

You can always find Aolani sitting at Ricky's feet while he cooks (waiting for a morsel of food to drop)!

One of the great benefits of not having a television is that Aolani loves books! She pulls every book in her shelf out to flip through every single day :) [Literally, this shot is not staged.]

  • Verses to memorize this week: Romans 8:13-5 ~ "For if you live according to the flesh, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live. For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God. The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, 'Abba, Father.'