Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"Don't Give Up"


I just have to brag on my honey. For my Christmas present Ricky painted this piece of artwork, which he entitled Don't Give Up. He started it back in October, and he had purchased the canvas while I wasn't at work. He worked on it every Sunday afternoon, IN THE ATTIC. He didn't want me to have any clue what he was up to, and he had all the details worked out so I would never get suspicious. He led me to believe that he was upstairs reading or playing on his laptop. Anyway, this picture is suppose to be Jesus showing me my home on the New Earth. Ricky is holding Aolani, and they are waiting for me right down the path. Further down the road are the people that Ricky says I have impacted for Christ while living on the present earth. And there are a ton of details that I would not explain well (mansion, windows, forest, cliffs, birds, flowers, palm trees, island, whales, horses, stream, vineyard, colors, etc). I love the wounds he painted in Jesus' hands. As you can imagine, I was and am deeply moved, humbled, thankful, and encouraged by what Ricky painted. It is hanging in our room.

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me.
Philippians 1:21-26