- My parents visited over the weekend, and I put them to work (as usual). Our "entertaining" continues, and we average having guests over every other night still!
- A while ago, I created a Montessori-style sensory treasure basket for Micaiah to enjoy (it is best for babies once they can sit up). In it there is a bunch of non-chokable, household (free) items that I gathered together for him so he can play with more natural toys (less plastic and electric noises and flashy lights). Mostly, there are wood, metal, cardboard, plastic, rubber, and cloth/fabric toys.
Aolani and Micaiah delving into the treasure basket toys
- Aolani's antics: watched Olympic-gymnastics and immediately started performing "nastix" (see video below), requests baths after taking a shower, rubs noses with her teddy bear before bed, has a head full of ringlets (seriously), yells "Baby up!", and constantly is pointing and saying "right there" to us :) She has this play cell-phone that speaks upon pressing certain buttons -- Press button, "Leave a message", "Message", Press button, "What's your name?", "Aowani" -- cute.
- Micaiah's mishaps: nicknamed "Mommy's bundle", will hear the musical owl in his crib play at 5 a.m., first tooth showed up last week (front right on bottom), is frequently found in the skydiver position (arms and legs out and back, rocking on his belly), and is oscillating between a two or three naps a day schedule.
- I usually do get a little breather in the afternoon as Micaiah will take his last nap of the day during her nap. I put her down for her nap, then I spend time with Micaiah (feeding, changing, going outside, tickling, reading, playing/learning activity) before I nurse him (to fill him up and doesn't wake early to eat) and put him down for a nap in the bedroom where Aolani naps, as well. If she wakes when he first gets in the room, she goes right back to sleep as she has learned the routine now. I can usually guesstimate how long his final nap will be (considering how much daytime sleep he has gotten thus far). So, I will put him down for his nap while she is asleep, and they wake together sometime between 4:15 - 4:45 p.m. usually.
What a handsome bundle of love!
Aolani and her friend, Ezra
- Verses to memorize this week (still working on last week's): Luke 12:33-4 ~ Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.